Lust For Life Tattoo is proud to be presenting Vive L’Homme, our annual male artist exhibition. After the success of last years inaugural male only show, Vive L’Homme has now solidified itself permanently within our yearly calendar of annual exhibitions to showcase and celebrate the work of male artist from local, national and international spheres.
This year we invite all male artists to submit works based on current influences creatively driving their art. This exhibition will involve a wide range of mediums so please submit traditional forms of painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, leatherwork, jewellery or modern styles of craft, graphic design, comic book and anything in between.
Please send your name and contact details with an image of your submissions no larger than 1mb.
All work must be no bigger than 1.5m wide x 3m high
All work must be for sale
All work must be of a professional gallery standard ready to hang with drings attached
No wet work
$35 entry cost (can submit multiple pieces).
Submissions need to be emailed to – firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: 5pm Monday the 7th of September.
The successfully selected works need to dropped off at the gallery on Sunday 13th of September
Launch of the exhibition will be Thursday the 17th September and will show until The 25th October
Note: We have limited spaces for sculptural works. Be sure to include specific size details of sculptural works submitted.
Thanks for submitting.
ARTIST CALL OUT
Deadline extended to the 18th of MAY !!!!!!
Lust For Life Tattoo is excited to invite all female artists to submit work for our annual VIVA LA FEMME group exhibition. This exhibition celebrates all things FEMALE, through a variety media including paintings, photographs, drawings and mixed media.
Submissions are NOW OPEN for all female artist to share their perception, ideas, emotions, opinions and anything and everything encompassing the Female.
Artist may submit works of any medium and subject matter all 2D works should be no larger than 1m wide x 3 m high
This is a predominately 2D exhibition but this year we are accepting submissions of small sculptural works under 30cm cubed
Submission is free.
Submit as many works as you like.
This is a selection based exhibition
Successfully selected artists will be notified directly by email by the 20th of may with details on payment of entry fee included in your successfully selected artist email.
One $35 fee per artist
The gallery will be taking 30% commission off sales.
HOW TO SUBMIT WORK:
Please email submissions (NO larger than 1mb and NO links to websites or facebook albums ) to our curator Melanie Mason – email@example.com.
- > your name,
- > the title of the work,
- > the medium,
- > the size and
- > the price.
If you are sending work internationally or interstate please let our Curator know via email so correct arrangement for receipt of works can be duly organised
For further info on Viva La Femme please forward enquiries to the curator:
Melanie Mason – firstname.lastname@example.org
“Its Not Human And Its Got An Axe”
You are cordially invited to be a part of Lust For Life’s Annual Horror Themed Group exhibition ‘DEAD SCARY”!
This is a Genre specific show, we are hunting for works that evoke aspects of terror, fear, gore, panic, fright and awe. We want to see your interpretations of all things encompassing the rapture of death and your visual representations of what it means to be scared, the stuff of nightmares, properly bone chillingly Dead Scary!
If this one doesn’t scare you, then you’re already dead!
The specifications for submissions are as follows:
- Email your images to email@example.com by Monday the 20th of october
- No files larger than 1mb thanks.
- Include your name, the title and mediums of the works.
- Artworks must not exceed 1.5m wide by 3m high.
- Works may be charged a contribution fee of $35 for successfully selected artists to cover opening festivities and printing expenses.
- Successful submissions will be notified by email on the 21st of Oct.
- Lust for Life takes a standard commission of 30% on sales.
The exhibition opening event is Thursday the 30th of October
The exhibition will run through to the 30th of Nov.
Image by Philippe Halsman (1996) ‘Dali’s Moustache’
ATTENTION ALL MEN – ARTIST CALL OUT
Inspired by the great success generated over the last 3 years from our Ladies only exhibition Viva La Femme, LUST FOR LIFE is putting the call out to all Manly Type Artists for our inaugural VIVE L’ HOMME (September 2014) exhibition.
We invite Male Artists to submit works that entail aspects of all things ‘Man’, be it fatherhood, brotherhood, strength, boldness, the male form, Machismo, Virility, Masculinity and Anything Blokey
This new dynamic exhibition will be celebrated with an opening event featuring Live music from the Silent Feature Era, The DAPPER DUDE competition judged by local designers/fashion aficionados. We encourage all you men to be a part of a stylish flourish of Handsomeness. Come along dressed in your finest attire, show us your impeccable grooming and maybe a peek of your most beloved bowtie and you could be in the running to win an exclusive Lust for Life Prize pack of $300 tattoo voucher and a bottle of Whiskey complements of our buddies at SABOTAGE SOCIAL. Minor Prizes include Tees, Books and a bottle of Rum from our dear friends JUNGLE BAR. To Enter register HERE.
The event night will also feature a display of custom handmade motorcycles from Solitary Motorcycles.
Information for Male Artists submitting works will be released to our website and our social media sites during July for any further info please contact Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing all the ace art!
- Please email your submissions to email@example.com – Subject :VLH on or before FRIDAY THE 22ND of August;
- You may submit multiple works;
- Successfully selected Artist will be notified by email and will need to have their work at the gallery on sunday the 31st of August;
- There is an entry fee of $30 per artist this fee is to contribute to the opening event and media generated to promote the exhibition;
- Please provide -your name, a contact number and the title of the work;
- All submissions must be no larger than 2m high by 1m wide;
- Artist may submit multiple works;
- Include an image no larger than 1mb (NO links to social media or websites);
- All Artwork should be for sale, sale prices should not exceed $1000;
- All art work must be of a professional standard, dry and ready to hang (d-rings securely attached to back of work);
- The duration of the exhibition is all of September;
- Unsold works need to be collected from the gallery on the 28th of september;
- If you have any questions or need any further information please email the curator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARTIST CALL OUT
Lust For Life welcomes proposals of interest for our last available gallery exhibition slot in 2014 in the month of AUGUST.
This is a wonderful opportunity for local Artist to exhibit at a innovative contemporary art -space. Lust For Life Gallery, since it’s inception, has built a reputation of hosting diverse, high calibre monthly exhibition from emerging through to established artist (create list of artists)
Located in the heart of Brisbane’s cultural precinct Lust For Life Gallery is a perfect platform to both experience the vibrant arts atmosphere of the city and present work in a central and dynamic space
Please forward proposals to the Curator Melanie Mason –